Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DudeNamedBrent
    Participant
    Postcount 2

I was planning on saving this for my son’s science fair (he is 9), but we can all enjoy this simple project. Go to a beach….have fun and go swim. Day two, set up some banners directly on the beach….I’m thinking bright green (the color is really up to you, and won’t effect the experiment). Rent a boat…or borrow, or steal….whatever. Take your GPS…now you may need to buy one because your cellphone probably won’t work. Go about 8 miles out to sea (I will be doing lake Erie because I live in Ohio.). Get out your binoculars, if you don’t own any just go to Walmart and buy some. If you can see the banner on the beach….then the world is flat….if not….well it isn’t. I don’t think I can make this any simpler. It has to be done over water because the earth terrain is not flat. Water is held down with gravity….or is it! (Lol, it is)

walter maderia
    walter maderia
    Participant
    Postcount 13

The discovery that the Earth is round is most commonly ascribed to the ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras, while the credit for proving it is usually given to Aristotle
    Aristotle demonstrated the Earth was round by drawing on a variety of evidence: the curvature of the horizon, the way constellations appear in the sky and the way a ship disappears over the horizon, for example… source https://www.reference.com/science/discovered-earth-round-f017886abcb31897#

indica
    Participant
    Postcount 9

The only way to make the banner in your experiment disappeare is to go that far out to sea so that the dust particles in the air will eventually fog it out. The banner wont disappear because of the curve. There is no curve. Water doesn’t curve. You can’t separate two zones of pressure from each other without a mechanical barrier. The vacuum of space can’t meet the positive pressure of earth without sucking it out. You need a container e.g the firmament. To many holes in the ball eatth theory to make it valid. If one thing is a lie then it’s all lies.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Avatarindica.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.