This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by FriedNietz FriedNietz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • indica
    Participant
    Postcount 9

Can we have a sticky thread somewhere where we can copy and paste quality comments from the YouTube feed there is some great info in there sometimes that I feel gets lost.

Postcount 29

Thats a good idea. I’ll come up with something.
    Thanks!

Be the Change You Want to See!
    rb23

DivineGeek
    DivineGeek
    Participant
    Postcount 5

Nice oxymoron, indica! Thanks for setting up this forum, Rex. I hope you can keep the trolls out!

FriedNietz
    FriedNietz
    Participant
    Postcount 45

We can set trolls in their place , or quietly remove, but they always seem to find a way in.

michele valykeo
    michele valykeo
    Participant
    Postcount 12

Youtube isn’t letting me comment on it today. I can like videos. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. There are a bunch of different reasons that it could be happening from settings to cache.

Sky Captain
    Sky Captain
    Participant
    Postcount 24

I myself still grapple with who a troll is. so please excuse me as I’m 61 years old and always envisioned a troll as part of a tall tail from the days of yore. I picture a gruesome little fellow popping up from an old country bridge asking for a fee to cross it.
    but today’s analogy appears with people that disagree with a guest or have no perception of the subject matter.
    and just want to be part of a conversation no matter what they say. who has not done that let them step forward
    you see not many are going to do that because they know what I mean. it’s a hard thing to explain to somebody that is not ready for an explanation of the subject. I think what we call trolls are mostly people that are wondering what the answer is and trying to find a way to start. So for me I mostly now wait for a question before I attempt to disrupt the narrative. we need to be kind to are fellow humans even when they are not kind to us.

Robert M Ritter

Anodyne
    Participant
    Postcount 7

As we approach (as we are told) the Singularity, so many creatures from days gone by seem to be either rediscovered or reanimated. The Troll (according to the Internet, where everything is true) is:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Troll (Internet))
    “Trolling” redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
    “Do not feed the troll” redirects here. For the Wikipedia advice, see Wikipedia:Deny recognition.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll’s amusement.

This sense of both the noun and the verb “troll” is associated with Internet discourse, but also has been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, the mass media have used “troll” to mean “a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families”.[4][5] In addition, depictions of trolling have been included in popular fictional works, such as the HBO television program The Newsroom, in which a main character encounters harassing persons online and tries to infiltrate their circles by posting negative sexual comments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

It was a very interesting page, with lots of history. As an academic, I was conditioned against Wikipedia due to it’s susceptibility to aforementioned trolls, but this was a pretty good read.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Anodyne. Reason: thpeling airrerz
    FriedNietz
    FriedNietz
    Participant
    Postcount 45

I wish those folks who take time to post good comments over in the YouTube comments would just post them here.

There are more tools to use in the forum and I’d like to see this place grow…. The threads in a forum are easier to follow than YouTube comments too, IMO.

There are so many comments on every video!

Indica, you yourself had a very interesting one on the LAM video, about certain creature rituals of …. um mm….. Insemination…. Was news to me….

Maybe a sticky post on each video comment section from Rex that invites those who feel they want to spend extra time, or say something deeper or more informative in their posts over to forum?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.